Thursday, November 3, 2011

Makeshift Margharita Pizza using all natural ingredients

I was really craving a homemade margharita type pizza today so I decided to combine a margharita pizza recipe I have from Food Network and the Caprese recipe I have from Olive Garden into a low-fat version of both that is absolutely delicious! :)

Wildtree ingredients:
-1 package So Quick & Easy Whole Wheat Pizza Dough (two packages come in a box)(item #10684, $6)
-1 tablespoon Roasted garlic Grapeseed oil (item #10226, $13 for a 12.7oz bottle) (you can easily substitute in any of the grapeseed oils if you aren't big on garlic)
-Sprinkle of Tuscany Bread Dipper Herb Blend (discontinued item #10437, $7 for a 1.5oz jar)

Other ingredients:
-1/2c very warm water
-about 1/4c chopped fresh organic basil
-1 thinly sliced organic Roma tomato (I used a homegrown one)
-All natural, low-fat, store brand shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons of low-fat mayonnaise

First preheat oven to 500 degrees. Place a pizza stone on the lowest rack in the oven for about 20min before doing anything else (the pizza dough box says 30 minutes but since the dough rises for 10 minutes I cut the stone preheating time down to 20 minutes.

After 20 minutes I took a package of Wildtree's "So Quick & Easy Whole Wheat Pizza Dough" (there are two packages in the box), used 1/2 cup very warm water, 1 tablespoon of Wildtree's Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil and mixed them all together.


I then kneaded the dough and let it rest for 10 minutes as it says on the box. After letting the dough rest, I carefully stretched the pizza dough out to about the size of a small/medium pizza. I VERY thinly spread the mayonnaise onto the pizza dough and VERY lightly sprinkled the Tuscany blend on top (I try not to mix too many different flavors into pizzas because I have this fear that it will all become overwhelming and I won't like it :) hahaha).


The back of the pizza dough box says to be doing all of this on a floured surface that you can slide the pizza off of once it has its toppings on, onto the round pizza stone... since I never have good luck in doing this I just made sure I had all of my toppings ready to go, and i assembled it once the dough was on the pizza stone. Keep in mind, however, that the pizza stone is 500 degrees hot so it is going to start cooking the dough as soon as it is set on the stone.... which is why it's so important to have everything ready to go beforehand. I gently laid the dough on the pizza stone, then carefully but quickly put the mozzarella cheese on top (making sure there was enough room for the cheese to melt but not drip down on the pizza stone). I then quickly sprinkled the basil on (you can add more than I did of course if you prefer more) and spread the tomatoes out (again, you can certainly add more tomatoes if you would like. Next time I will probably add another 1/2 Roma tomato, although this was delicious with just the one tomato on it).



I put the pizza in at 500 degrees for about 9 minutes... this will depend on your oven of course, some will take longer than others so just bake it until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is slightly "toasted" as I like to call it :)


Let the pizza cool a little bit, slice it, and enjoy!
If you made any changed to the recipe and would like to share them, please comment below! Thanks!

-Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment