Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pasta with baby shrimp, baby scallops, garlic, and parmesean

Today I was in the mood for seafood, pasta, and garlic :) I won't lie, typically I would run right over to my local Olive Garden and will chow down on one of their amazing pasta dishes.... HOWEVER, I am trying to eat healthier and more natural and I'm honestly not sure what they use to season their dishes nor do I know the quality of the ingredients that they use, or where their seafood comes from. So I thought to myself, I wonder if I could somehow make my own seafood pasta dish using locally caught shrimp and scallops (from the Pacific Northwest), and all natural seasonings and oils..... and TA DA! Here we are! :D

Wildtree ingredients:
1 tablespoon Butter Flavored Grapeseed oil (item #10282 -$13 for a 12fl oz bottle)

Large pinch (so technical huh? ;) haha)Garlic Galore Seasoning Blend (item #10725 - $7 for a 3.7oz Jar)

Medium pinch (again, so technical!) Garlic & Herb Blend (item #10192 -$8 for a 1.85oz jar)

Several pinches California Style Garlic Pepper Blend (item #10570 -$12 for a 5.6oz jar)


Other ingredients:
-Boiling water (don't laugh, it's an ingredient too! ;))
- A handful or two of any pasta (I used these corkscrew looking ones from Costco)
- Teaspoon fresh chopped garlic (optional)
- Handful of baby shrimp (precooked)
- Handful of baby sea scallops
- About 1/8c Parmesan cheese

So first I boiled the water and tossed the pasta in since it had to boil for 12min. Then i took the Garlic Pepper and tossed in a few pinches of it to help season the water and the pasta a tiny bit.Then I took my Butter flavored grapeseed oil and heated it in a medium size pan over medium heat for a minute or so.

I rinsed the baby shrimp and scallops REALLY well under cold water.


I tossed them into the pan of oil once it was heated. I immediately added the garlic galore, garlic and herb blend, and garlic pepper. It sounds like a LOT of garlic flavoring, but it really isn't.


I sauteed them for a few min and then tried a shrimp to make sure I liked the flavoring. It tasted a bit bland so I added about 3/4 teaspoon of fresh garlic to the pan. I cooked it a little longer but the shrimp were getting TINY and the scallops were done so i turned the heat off. Once the pasta was done I drained it and put some on a plate. I then used a slotted spoon to scoop the seafood mixture onto the pasta.


Finally, I added some grated Parmesan cheese on top, and then enjoyed my lunch!!


-Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment